Thursday, December 3, 2015

Cookies

There are literally thousands of cookies on my browser. I don't even visit very many websites, but my computer is just full of cookies. I turned off my cookies and now I get asked to accept a cookie pretty much every new page I visit. It is actually very unbelievable

I mostly get cookies from random websites. The biggest company one i get is Dish Network. They have a ton of cookies. Most of the cookies last about 2-10 years. The 10 years seems really extremely long amount of time to have a cookie.

I think that this says a lot about the security of your computer. Website can easily track everything you do on the internet. They know who's visiting the website, how often, and they make it easier for people to come back to the website. It gives these corporations full control over your life and how you use the internet. They can make personalized ads targeted toward your interest. If they have control of your computer, they can always make money off of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment