Thursday, October 15, 2015

TV News

Grandpa: The news has always been a part of our household. We used the watch the NBC Nightly News but now I mainly watch Fox News. I still enjoy the news and I enjoy watching it.

Dad: I don't watch the news much anymore. I just read Fox News on the internet. I think its important to know what's going on.

They both seem to have shifted their news sources to outlets that reflect their political views. I think the things that stick with them are the News interviews with people they like.

I think this means that people are getting more personalized news stories from the news organizations that share similar viewpoints to confirm their biases. The TV news sources are most useful for larger news stories and big events such as national tragedies or Debates.

The TV news is less biased than the cable news companies. They have less time to cover stories so they stick to the more important stories and don't cover as many human interest stories. They also don't have the same level of discussion as cable news networks.

No comments:

Post a Comment